HIGH & CLEAN, SUSTAINED ENERGY
Guayusa contains 90 mg of caffeine per 8oz cup, making it the second most caffeinated plant on earth next to coffee but with many more health benefits.
- Each cup of Warmi contains almost as much caffeine in a cup of coffee, however, with the addition of L-Theanine (1 of the whopping 15 amino acids it packs), it also calms the nervous system and removes the negative, jittery effects of coffee. The result is sustained, steady clean energy.
- In terms of how one feels after drinking it, we often describe it as a synergy between warrior energy, and a feminine, soothing energy. This balance keeps you centered, alert, focused, and a promotes a sense of well-being and joy.
- These two components creates a sense of focus, alertness and sharpness. Indigenous tribes in the Amazon often use it for hunting, to increase their stamina and become more aware of their surroundings.
HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
In studies of Guayusa, this tea has been found to contain 50% more anti-oxidants than green tea with the second highest ORAC score of any other food product tested. Antioxidants neutralize free-radicals in the body, which are essentially damaged or incomplete cells that contribute to chronic diseases.
IMPROVES MUSCLE REPAIR
Guayusa also contains high levels of LEUCINE, which is the most important activator for muscle repair and rebuilding muscle protein.
IMPROVES LUNGS & CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
Guayusa is high in theobromine and theophylline, which are the primary feel-good chemicals that make chocolate so appealing. Theobromine (a.k.a Food of the Gods) has been used historically to treat high blood pressure and other cardiovascular problems.
- Theobromine relaxes the bronchial muscles which provide relief for asthma and coughing. In one study it showed that theobromine provided stronger anti-coughing improvements than codeine.
- Theobromine is like the Yin to caffeine’s yang, and acts to create an equilibrium with caffeine’s more intense effects.
EFFECTIVE FOR WEIGHT LOSS & MANAGEMENT
- Guayusa contains chlorogenic acids, which help reduce high blood pressure and maintain a healthy weight.
- Contains 30% more polyphenols than a cup of green tea . Polyphenols are micronutrients that help boost the immune system, and are researched for their anti-inflammatory effects as well as the prevention and reduction of diabetes, cancer, neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases. They also play an important role as a pre-biotic, increasing the ratio of beneficial bacteria in your gut.
- Guayusa also contains Saponins, which have many beneficial effects on blood cholesterol levels, bone health and which are known to help prevent cancer by eliminating tumor cells. Saponins boost our immune function and fight off fungal infections such as Candida. They also help to fight off viruses and parasites as well.
HIGH IN VITAMINS & MINERALS
- Guayusa is packed with potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc and chromium, and vitamins D & C.
PROMOTES LUCID DREAMING, VIVID DREAMING & DREAM RECALL
- Guayusa is also known for its magical effect of inducing vivid or even lucid dreams (i.e. when you are aware that you are dreaming and can direct your dreams). For this reason it is also known as the ‘night watchman’s plant’, as even when you are sleeping you have an awareness of your outer physical surroundings. The boundary between sleeping and wakefulness becomes more fluid and dreams become more colorful, richer, and more potent than before. It also helps with dream recall.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PREMIUM QUALITY & ETHICAL SOURCING
WARMI works with a small community of agriculturists who believe in the honoring the spirit and essence of this plant, and have kept the ancient tradition of sun-drying the Guayusa leaves. Rather than using dehydrators and gas-fired ovens, common methods utilized by industrialized Guayusa producers, this slow, dedicated cultivation method yields a higher quality brew and significant higher earnings for participating indigenous communities in the Amazon.
FARMIING & PRODUCTION METHODS
The Guayusa that WARMI sources is grown in biodiverse agroforestry plots, or chacras which resemble and look very much like the pristine natural rainforest, though, to the farmers who cultivate them, are highly managed agricultural plots combining a diverse mix of plants. WARMI purchases fresh leaves from native farmers and are then taken to our greenhouses to get sun-dried and milled by families and communities.
THE NAME WARMI
The word “WARMI” is Quechua in origin (the native language of Kichwa tribes) and translates as “Woman or Feminine Principle” – paying homage to the rise of the Divine Feminine – the creative side of consciousness related to nurturing, healing, community, and collaboration. Guayusa is considered sacred by Amazon indigenous tribes, and our ecological, traditional, and ethical-sourcing methods honor the principle: “All life is interconnected and sacred.”